Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Love Struck Mommy

From as far back as I can remember I have wanted to be a mommy. There was something so special about motherhood to me. I am not sure if it's because I didnt grow up with a real loving caring mother (an evil step mother to be precise) and I wanted to be what I didnt have or what.....I just wanted to be a mommy. You always hear, "You'll never know real love until you hold your baby for the first time and look in their eyes". I can not express how true this is. I loved Kensley Reagan from the moment I knew I was pregnant, even more when I felt her move for the first time and even more than that when we found out she was a girl. But when I held her the first time, OH MY GOODNESS! My heart felt so full of love and pride and I knew then and there that I was absolutely love struck! There are no words to express the love a mommy has for her child.

That sweet baby girl is almost two now and I love her more and more everyday. Yes, she is a typical toddler who pushes mommys buttons and tests my patience and gets a spanking every once in a while but the mushies and tight squeezies (xoxo) outweigh them by a ton. I can't thank God enough for picking me to be her Mommy.

2 comments: