Saturday, August 18, 2012

Breaking the Binkie Addiction (Part 2)

Whoa! This is harder than I thought it was going to be. We are not rounding third and headed home just yet but we're sitting happily on third.
I have told Kensley that her second love, Elmo, has taken all her binkies she and I gathered and gave them to the babies that can't afford binkies of their own. She is okay with that all day long! She doesn't get her binkie at all during the day for the exception of naptime. This is HUGE! She would have a binkie clinched between her teeth from sun up to sun down. But if she doesnt have a binkie at night and naptime OMGosh! She throws the most gigantical fits I have ever seen.
The way I look at it is this. She is still a baby. She is only 22 months. Not having her binkie during the day is good, real good. If she wants it at night, that's fine by me. The time will come where she won't want it any more. I'm not going to rush it. I'm going to enjoy the last bit of the baby days before she grows up on me.
So for now we are happy with no binkie during the day as this is a huge step in the right direction. If anything changes I'll be sure to update.
Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment