Monday, June 9, 2014

The Mom Life


Alright Moms, how many times a day do you feel unappreciated? Unloved? Unnoticed? Forgotten? Or simply, "just a mom"? If you're anything like me, multiple times a day...at least. I have felt like that a lot here lately for some reason. So bad actually it puts me in a bad mood. What happens when Mommas not happy? Ain't nobody happy......as the lovely saying goes. I really had to pray about it lastnight because the bad moods, outbursts and all around negative energy was a bit too much. I prayed to God to please bless me with something, anything to help me to 1. Not feel so alone in this,  it's totally normal and 2. tips on how to feel better about the job I am doing as Mommy and 3.how to feel appreciated.
So today K and baby I and myself were out lollygaggin' around town and I decided to make a stop at Lifeway Christian bookstore to look around because we had not been in there in quite a while. While looking around I found myself holding a book called, "Be the Mom" by Tracey Lanter Eyster. Turned it over and in big blue letters it reads, "Do you ever feel like motherhood is a cycle of never-ending tasks that go unnoticed and unappreciated?" And I am like, Uh YEAH! What mother isn't? With that simple question I knew this was the book God wanted me to buy and read.
I got home and immediately started to read it. And no joke, it's like reading about my life. So relateable! It is amazing. I am almost finished with it, yes, already,  and I highly recommend it to any mother that has the desire for appreciation.
In this blog I am going include some of my very favorite parts of her book, things that will really make you think and things that I just really feel the need to share with some of you.

*The ability to truly understand the pressures of motherhood cannot be understood unless you are a mother. You are not alone in this. Your value as a mother is unsurpassed. You haven't lost yourself; you've found who you were destined to become.

*There is nothing "just a mom" about you!

*The way you train up and teach your children affects the way they react to you-and the world around them. 

*Don't be too hard on yourself. We all have those moments of regret, but God's grace can cover them

*I will mess up as a mom at times, but I will not ruin my children in the process. 

*It's my job to teach my children with encouragement and patience.

*God called me to be a mother. He blessed me with motherhood.

*Moms are the thermometers of their households. (Think about it)

Scripture to read:
*Proverbs 31:28

*Colossians 3:21

*Ephesians 6:4

*Proverbs 15:13-15

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day. Hug and kiss your babies. Make sure they know how much you love them.
As always,  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment