Friday, October 5, 2012

A Familiar Scent

So, I finished up Kensley's birthday shopping today. My baby girl loves her baby dolls so of course my first thought is to get her a new baby. But what kind? One with clothes? One that eats and poos? Tinkles on the tiny toilet? No. None of those will leave a life long memory. So I asked myself, "Self, what was your favorite baby when you were little?" My answer? A Cabbage Patch Doll. I had the cutest baby that wore a cloth diaper and little belly shirt. I LOVED that baby. (Their belly buttons always make me giggle.) So we got Kensley a very cute Cabbage Patch Doll that looks a bit like her. :) She is going to love it!! Those dolls have such a smell to them that they flood you with memories of your childhood days. Maybe thats a big reason why I remember mine so well and fell in love with this one. ;)

We also got her a pink mustang convertible car for a Barbie.( not a Barbie brand car) So I tried to find her a Barbie that was modestly dressed to go with the car and do you know I couldn't find one? Not one Barbie I saw was fully clothed. What?!?! Yeah. So I ended up getting her an Ariel doll that wearing a beautiful full length pink gown. The dress goes perfectly with the car. ;)

My Boo girl is going to have such a great birthday! I am super excited!!


Lastly, I just made a Twitter page that I will be doing daily Bible verses on. Follow me at @KJV_Mommy for your daily inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment