Monday, September 10, 2012

Earning the Mommy Card Changes Things....

I was recently trying to get Kensley ready to go run errands with me and just make a Mommy/ Daughter day of it. I was so focused on getting her ready and the pups ready with water and treats to distract them from our leaving and I got in the car and realized OMGosh! I have zero makeup on! Kensley was already in her carseat buckled in and I was NOT about to get her back out and go get the pups started just to put makeup on. So, I didn't. I went to town and rocked the natural, and I must say, it felt fabulous! I have been wearing very little makeup this past year anyway just because I am busy. I wear it but not a lot.
If you would have come to me before I had my baby girl and said, "You'll end up going to town and shopping and to dinner with no makeup on",I would have laughed in your face. I am so serious. There was a time where I wouldn't check my mail without makeup on. I was always afraid someone would see me. I don't know if it's because I am married to a wonderful man or if it's because I am a mommy or just because I am older that I really embrace a natural look. I am not trying to hide anything any more I guess. I'll wear a little mascara and lip gloss, but lately that's the extent of my makeup.
Don't get me wrong, if we're going out as a family I am going to fix my hair and do my makeup, but as far as going to Wal Mart or running a quick errand, pssh! I'm going all natural!

I'm being brave and posting a no makeup picture here. :D Be nice.

4 comments:

  1. Rachael you are beautiful! I think girls look better without a lot of makeup it shows the real you... Love u girl...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dollface! I think we look better with less makeup as well. Love you!

      Delete
  2. You are pretty no matter what you are wearing!

    ReplyDelete