Wednesday, July 2, 2014

K in K-4 and A Walking Baby I

 So, I took a blogging break to get my baby girl ready for K-4! What?! I'm pretty sure I just gave birth to her. I still see that sweet little angelic baby face when I look at her. Only now, there are tons of things coming from that tiny mouth. Things like when I told her she didn't need my makeup because she's beautiful and her response was, "I'm not beautiful just yet, Mommy. Beautiful takes time." Haha! And I won't get into the embarrassing questions she asks strangers on a daily basis. Oh. My. Word. Some of those are absolutely horrifying. Small example, while we were checking out at Books a Million she asked the lady behind us why her mustache was so dark!!! Kids really do say the darndest things!
 But anyway, as some of you know we are homeschooling our children and so I spent this past week or so getting materials ready and her curriculum in order. We decorated the "classroom" which is actually my kitchen but hey, it serves its purpose.
 We actually started with schoolwork last week and she loved it. But we started Letter of the Week and a set curriculum yesterday. She wakes me up every morning asking if she can do her school work now! I pray she stays this motivated and excited throughout the year!
 I am using an amazing curriculum from Brightly Beaming Resources, Letter of the Week from Confessions of a Homeschooler and Paperbag Puppet templates are here. All of these websites offer free printables! So go crazy!

Baby I has started walking!!! He just turned 10 months a few days ago and has been a walking maniac. Big Sissy helps him a lot. He still loses his balance and falls and doesn't stay up for more than a few steps at a time, but it is progress. He's learning and he is determined to keep up with K.

Not much more than that has been going on. Everyone is happy and healthy and that is all we can ask for. I hope all of you are as well. I will try to blog again this weekend. Until then, take care and God bless.

















No comments:

Post a Comment