Sunday, July 29, 2012

Stay at Home Mommy

I think people have a misconceived notion about SAHMs (stay-at-home-moms). A lot of people see us as sitting on our bohunkus' all day and throwing food at our kids when it's time to eat. Most people have a 9-5 job, you go to work with basically the same routine, have a few breaks in between working and socializing with co-workers then it's off to your house to rest and do it all over again the next day. SAHMs don't have it quite that easy, believe it or not. ;) We are working 24 hours a day 7 days a week with very few "breaks", if that's what you want to call them and almost no adult interaction other than with your spouse. We don't get paid over time pay, holiday pay or have time off. We are always on call. We are the Mommy, the nurse, the cook, the maid, the life coach, the teacher, the taxi, a friend and SO much more.
I hear a lot of moms say things like, "I'm a SAHM, there is no harder job than that.".
To me though, its not a job. I think it is what God put me on earth to do. It's a lifestyle and one I thank God for daily. I wouldn't change one single thing. I lost a lot to be a SAHM, but have gained so much being with my daughter every single day. I get "paid" with love, slobbery kisses and tight hugs. There is no better payment on this planet than that right there. It is THE most rewarding experience any of us will ever have.
So, if you're reading this and you're a SAHM, don't look at it as a job, look at it as a gift from God. Not all mothers are able to be home with there little ones, they don't have any other choice than to work.
God Bless you all and make sure you give an extra thanks to God for your family and your gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment